Holy. Crap. I just found an email argument between me and some random internet person about evolution and creationism. Apparently I thought this was important enough to print out and save for TWENTY YEARS!!!
Cannot tell you how many times I’ve been on the phone with Hank and it’s clear he isn’t listening and then I say you’re not listening and then he says, “Hold on someone on the Internet is wrong about something.”
You just got reblogged and commented on by John Green! Be honored !
He’s…he’s my brother…
I get accused of romanticizing people sometimes but I don’t know what to do with a species that’s 80% crossed signals and half-desperate hoping, grief and warmth and creation of meaning. We’re the only species we can’t exaggerate about; we’re just as terrible and just as wonderful as you’ve ever…
The bolded sections represent quotes from the criticism he received. All the z-snaps are in order.
Your characters are unrealistic stereotpyes of political correctness. Is it really necessary for the sake of popular sensibilities to have in a fantasy what we have in the real world? I read…
DO NOT PASS THIS POST
REBLOG, SHARE, SPREAD THE WORLD.
DO NOT STAY SILENT
I KNOW THIS IS A FASHION BLOG AND NOT A NEWS BLOG,… BUT I REFUSE TO SIT HERE AND BE IGNORANT WHEN I KNOW THERE ARE PEOPLE WHO NEED HELP
LINKS FROM LAST PHOTO:
The greatest animated film you get to help make.WHAT IS HULLABALOO?
Hullabaloo is a 2D (hand-drawn) animated steampunk film that hopes to help preserve the dying art of 2D animation; and by supporting this project, you get to help save 2D animation from an untimely demise. We want you to join us in making a short film that will showcase the world of Hullabaloo, which we can show to investors to fund a full length 2D feature. 2D animation is a beautiful but dying art form that the animation studios have all but abandoned. But if we can fund this film with your help, we will be able to show investors that people really do want to see a feature length animated steampunk film, allowing us to get the tremendous amount of funding needed to complete Hullabaloo as the full-length feature we believe you want to see.
In addition to helping save 2D animation, Hullabaloo aims to encourage girls to explore science and adventure. The film’s two protagonists are both young women and both scientists who use their intellect, wits, and courage to fight greed and corruption. We hope that Veronica Daring and her friend Jules will serve as positive role models for girls of all ages and encourage them to get excited about science, engineering, and sci-fi.
To learn more about what steampunk is, go here: Steampunk 101
By helping us fund Hullabaloo, you get to help save 2D animation, you get to support a pro-girl and pro-science story, and you also get a boatload of cool stuff!
I don’t really understand how that is a question up for discussion on television news. I mean, even putting aside the gajillion ways that white people are privileged by, for instance, being able to think that whiteness is “normal,” studying world history from Eurocentric perspectives, and etc etc:
- Marijuana use is similar among black and white populations in the U.S., but young African Americans are more than THREE TIMES more likely to be arrested for marijuana possession or use than white Americans.
- Even after accounting for reasons like education disparity, geographical distribution, and occupation, there is a persistent wage gap: White people make are paid more than African Americans due to racial discrimination.
White privilege is a fact of every facet of American life. I realize I’m mostly preaching to the choir here, but this is not a political issue or a subject for debate. It is well-documented and irrefutable.
- White people:You have to wait for the facts before you talk about Ferguson!
- Eyewitnesses:He was on his knees with his hands up.
- Medical examiner:There was no gunpowder residue on Mike Brown, no sign of struggle, and there were entry wounds on the inside of his arms and the top of his head, implying he was on his knees with his hands up.
- Convenience store owner and clerk:There was no robbery and we didn't call the cops.
- Ferguson PD:Okay, we admit it, Wilson didn't know anything happened at the convenience store and we determined no crime was committed.
- White people:Nobody can say what happened! We still have to wait for the facts to come in!