- Topic: DIVERSITY IN THE MARVEL UNIVERSE
- Anthony Mackie: We’re in a day and age where kids deserve someone they can look up to. I’m very proud of Scarlett with what she’s been able to do with Black Widow, and how little girls can sit back and see that she doesn’t have to have superpowers, she’s just a badass. While being cool and a chick. And I like the fact that little brown kids can say, ‘hey, the Falcon is there now’, and little green kids can say, ‘the Hulk’s there’. Don’t want to leave out the Martians. I think it’s very important, and I think Marvel has been at the forefront of that, giving people the opportunity to represent every aspect of culture. It’s definitely something that was on the table, and on my mind when I decided to sign on to this project.
- Topic: FANS COMPLAINING ABOUT CASTING ON GROUNDS OF RACE
- Anthony Mackie: Superman, black would be the coolest dude in the world. Imagine Sam Jackson in a cape. Running around. That would be a good movie.
- I think what a lot of people don’t get is, these people aren’t real. If you cast a black dude as John F Kennedy, that’s wrong. If you cast a white dude as Martin Luther King, that’s wrong. These people aren’t real. The suits aren’t real. There aren’t really superheroes in the world.
- At some point in time, you have to steep yourself in reality and say, ‘hey, it’s not about what they look like, it’s about casting a good actor in the role. If you’re sitting at home and you can’t see a black guy as Nick Fury, maybe there’s something wrong with you.
This is the blog of Joshua Noel Wood. Resident of the American West, lover and writer of words, and zombie fanatic.About Ask me anything
Anonymous asked: This Native American woman on twitter told me that Mixed NDNs /w Black arent considered Ndns but mixed white ones are... why is that?
Anti-Blackness is huge in a number of NDN (and other POC) communities. It’s sad but true and that needs to be addressed and fixed. It’s similar in Latinx communities too with our Afrolatinx population. Mixed white people are always seen as better than any other mixed race individual (especially over mixed Black people) simply because being (part) white is seen as inherently ‘superior’ and ‘good’. - mod M
You realize you have not posted original content for quite a while and your Tumblr consists of mainly reblogs